Woodland Christian School has been serving families in Yolo County since 1974. WCS offers four
educational programs: Preschool, Elementary, Middle School and High
Our goal is to come along side parents of WCS students from a young age all the way to their young adult years in helping them to understand what the Love of God means, grow them in knowledge of the one true God who created the heavens and earth, and then teaching them how to share this knowledge. You see, it's not just about paying attention to the pastor on a Sunday morning, it's about living your life for God and seeing the world as God see's our world. We are in it, but not of it. Preparing future generations with true knowledge, compassion, respect and responsibility are the characteristics we strive to develop in each WCS student.
By God’s grace and for His glory only, Woodland Christian School exists to educate and prepare students for college and Christian life. We believe that by faith in Christ our students, parents and staff can change the world.
Philosophy of Education
The educational process in a Christian school is dependent on a biblical philosophy that provides the correct worldview and essential truths for life so that children may be prepared to assume their proper place in the home, the church, and the community. Accordingly, the following is the Philosophy of Education for Woodland Christian School:
We will provide a safe and loving environment for students to learn. We will seek excellence in all that we do. We will work with parents to prepare and equip their student for college and to live as a light in this dark world.
With Christ as our example, students will learn the power of serving others. In humility,
we will look not only to our own interests, but to the interests of others.
Students and staff will strive to live like Christ and be a light at home, at school and in the community. Whether in school or out, students will respect those in authority, be known by the fruit of the spirit, be responsible, respectful and motivated to excel in all they do. We expect students and staff to be humble in all they do.
Students will receive Biblical training to help them grow in their knowledge and faith in Jesus Christ. By God’s grace, students and families will come to know Jesus Christ as their savior and will communicate God’s love to those they come in contact with.
Our educational programs and philosophy will encourage students to become:
PERSONS OF FAITH, who
-Develop a relationship with Jesus Christ
-Understand the unique message and truth-claims of Christianity
-Attempt to demonstrate the Christian faith in their lifestyle
-Communicate the message of Christ to the world
EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATORS, who
- Convey ideas clearly, creatively, and effectively through oral, written, and artistic expression
- Receive and interpret messages of others in an effective manner
- Demonstrate an ability to use technology as a communication device
LIFE-LONG CRITICAL THINKERS, who
- Analyze and synthesize new data or ideas into logical conclusions
- Interpret and evaluate new concepts, integrating them into their existing worldview
QUALITY PRODUCERS, who
- Value the importance of quality and creative work
- Create products which demonstrate good planning and hard work, according to given instructions or standards
COMMUNITY CONTRIBUTORS, who
- Understand the impact that one servant can have in his or her community and world
- Recognize the value of each individual to God, school, community, and the world
- Contribute time, energy, and talents to improve the quality of life for their school, local church, communities, nation, and world